Monday, October 3, 2011

Motivated + Lazy


Finally.

I'm starting a blog. I've wanted to for years, but didn't have the willpower, ideas, or even courage to begin. Because it honestly takes a certain amount of courage to share one's opinions, even on something as anonymous as the Internet. I've noticed that certain blogs, however, are anything, but anonymous. They are personal, beautiful, and part of a very creative community. And in my mind, the chance to join that community outweighs any potential negativity I'll encounter in the future.

At the moment, I'm also starting my applications for law school. Coincidence? Not really. This blog might be yet another way to procrastinate. In fact, I'm currently having a lot trouble with my personal statement. And since I've never been able to keep a journal or write my thoughts down without rolling my eyes, a meaningful essay about the entirety of my passion for life and law just might be the most difficult thing I've ever had to do.

I am choosing to believe I started this blog not to distract myself from more important tasks, but so I can learn to express my feelings on paper and accomplish something I've always wanted to do at the same time. Wish me luck and good luck to you!


What do you want to do and what's stopping you?

No comments:

Post a Comment