Friday, November 18, 2011

Friday night links + Rewarding weekend


A big sorry for not posting much this week! I've been trying to finish my apps these past few days, but you might have guessed...me working on apps has been like chasing my own tail. I better get it together this weekend! In the meantime, take a quick look at these fun links.

This article on words is a little old, but it's still great. I'm sure all of you have experienced biting into food so hot you start thrashing in pain while moving the food around in your mouth. The Ghanians can describe that in one word. My favorite is "Shemomedjamo" which in Georgian means "I accidentally ate the whole thing." Yes. Yes, I'm afraid I did. (via Mental Floss)

Gummy bears...because have you met a single person who dislikes them? (via Tumblr)

Save Community! I get that many people watch sitcoms just to relax, but I don't understand why Two and a Half Men does so well, or why people think nerds talking like "nerds" (Big Bang Theory) is funny. Ugh. (via Vulture)

The world's lightest material can sit on top of a dandelion. Go Irvine. (via National Post)

I'm not a big fan of long dresses because even though they're really pretty, they seem so formal most of the time. I would get over that if I could wear this red + pink number. (via Nordstrom)

Next week, with Thanksgiving coming, I should have my gift guide ready for you! Let me know if there's anyone you want help shopping for. For now, here's the Weekend Lion ☺.





No comments:

Post a Comment